Director's Perspective - Why open the PMI Door
I have spent over 25 years in the military leading people and operations, never associating my scope of responsibilities with the project management profession until my last several years of service. It doesn’t take a “project manager” to embrace and benefit from this group. PMI’s tenants focus on technical, leadership, and strategic skills that can be regulated for your purpose, across virtually every profession. If you are a student who is not quite sure whether you are on the right path, active duty or transitioning military trying to orient yourself to civilian markets, an employee who is unfulfilled in your current role, or an active practitioner in project management who wants to enhance your qualifications or pay your experience forward, we encourage you to explore the myriad of ways that PMI can boost your value. Take that step toward us.
Our PMI Chapter thrives here on the Emerald Coast of Florida and Alabama and is here to assist you in meeting your professional goals. Questions? Email me at [email protected].
2020 Call for Speakers
The PMI Emerald Coast FL Chapter welcomes interested speakers to submit their abstracts for consideration for upcoming events in 2020 including our monthly meetings and annual symposium. Meetings are generally one hour in length and are held during the second or third week of the month with available time slots for lunch or dinner. Information on our 2020 Annual Symposium can be found here.
- Complimentary meeting registration and meal (Presentations are voluntary, speakers are not paid)
- Showcase your knowledge/expertise
- Your name and speaking topic will be publicized via our chapter website and email announcements
- Gain exposure to experienced project management professionals and executives
- Be seen as a supporter of the project management profession
- Earn additional Professional Development Units (PDUs) for each hour spent preparing your presentation
Speaker presentations should align with the PMI Talent TriangleTM
For more information, email [email protected] with your name, contact details, topic title, and abstract.